Thursday, January 29, 2009

Somewhere between too healthy and too sick

Man goes to the doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world, where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says "But doctor..."
"...I am Pagliacci"


Have I used that joke before? Not sure. Moving right along,

The paxil seems to be working, but there's no sure way to tell. My sleep is not improved. A few hours a night, waking with the aid of excessive caffeine. And randomly at night waves of drowsiness does overtake me. It's nice. On the old seroquel formula I could time it for a good night's sleep. Thank God I can sleep in tomorrow. The books for this semester are a crime. I could have bought a car. Not a new car, but one that would run, for a while anyways. Everything is making me cry. Too happy, too sad, overwhelmed by beauty, overwhelmed by ugliness. Rachel brought up in me from mere phone conversations a religious experience. I don't want to talk too much about it. But, I...I'm doubting my atheism.

I want this thingy as a tattoo. On the middle right finger. Darker too.



Watching and re-watching Watchmen stuff. Keep breaking into tears.

A small girl has entered the clique on campus. She depresses me somehow. Tiny and seemingly innocent yet with a streak of vibrant red. Like Early Katie with pretender Tashi. I don't like this new girl. She invokes things in me I do not like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i compleatly understand when everything makes you cry.

when i'm at my worst, pictures of kittens make me cry, kittens. because i look at them and then my mind starts running and saying "what if they dont have good homes? so many kittens dont have good homes. why do people abuse kittens? why can't i just take care of all the kittens so none of them get hurt? why do animals have to be abused and die?"
i need to stop now because i'm probably not helping you and i'm depressing myself.

i think i need to go hug my cat.
i've had a weird night.