Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Unexpected Developments

My class was canceled as a result of professor whoever she is, I don't learn names for weeks, never showing up. I waited over half an hour before leaving. My night led me to a Simpsons quote marathon with some friends over a turkey wrap. But, the night got strange after that. Brittany Caro came by. She was a little off, and I wont say why for privacy reasons, but she was off, yeah. I started in on her a little, poking at her ribs with my jibs and jokes. And she got stranger. The conversation became darker, and deeper, and my mask went down, and she got tearful, and it was strange. I was myself, the person I am so very rarely. And she listened, and I listened, and we hit that level of communication where you know it's real, and it's rare, and it's strong. We were with all these people, and they kept quiet, and we talked. And they all listened to me, like they were sitting in church. She was nearly crying during parts, and I was too. When it was done, and I ended it myself, I kissed her on the tp of the head, and told her to get up, and the group walked out. The 4 who live on campus, specifically my friend Brian Talbot, I made him promise to take her to her room, make sure she got there ok. I walked alone to my car, and put my mask back on, and drove home. As she walked away I shouted out the message she needed, and we will go on from here. When I see her again it will be strange again. But, I kind of like strange.














"We are who we choose to be," I shouted, "we are who we choose to be."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how do you know brittany?

-paxton