Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"For every path you choose, there is another you must abandon, usually forever"

I've given up on Kathryn. We knew each other a short time, got relatively close, made plans, and then abandoned them. I don't know why she no longer wishes contact with me. We were planning what we'd do together, tonight, she was supposed to come tonight, but the last time she actually spoke to me was Wednesday night. I got through to her while she was at work a few days later, but just long enough for her to say she would call me back.

She didn't. And furthermore, she's not going to.

I don't mind being disliked, or loathed, or hated. Well, I mind it, it bothers me, but I'm used to it. I can handle it. After experiencing it enough times you start to adapt and deal. However, abandonment is something I cannot adjust to. I believe it stems from my childhood divorce issues. When someone just leaves, no reasoning, no contact, it hurts. Even when they're just acquaintances, when I'm just left without reason, it hurts. Jessica did this to me just last month. That still bothers me.

My day is shitty, the weather is cold, I'll be trying to review a movie later today. I don't expect my mood to recover.

Why? I'm only asking why.

No comments: