Saturday, February 28, 2009

I dreamed with her in it last night

I think it was a hallway of my old high school, but it could have been any high school. The lockers stretched on past horizon. She walked with a few friends, I with another. We met in the middle of the hallway and I listened to her complaining about her ex. Half of her friends left her and walked with me, and she sadly, angrily walked away muttering to herself. I thought for a moment, then shouted back, :You'll always have me there with you." Confusing syntax, upsetting dream. I woke up after she turned back. I can't recall her expression.

I've been thinking about a lyric to one of the songs I like. It's her favorite band too.

can you extract me from my plastic fantasy
i didn't think so but I'm still convinceable
will you persist even after i bet you
a billion dollars that I'll never love you
will you persist even after i kiss you
goodbye for the last time
will you keep on trying to prove it?


She will never reciprocate. Her words. Cold and sterile. Thought out.

I don't know what I'm doing. Talked to a friend last night. Apparently I'm as bad as her, or could be. I've been better this semester but I still need work. What comes out of my mouth has improved considerably. My "mannerisms" haven't. I didn't even know that was an issue until yesterday.

How many real friends do I have? Hard to tell now.

No comments: