Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I kind of just assumed she'd check out my blog.

Just because she's paranoid, like me. Researching recent events just to give oneself a sense of knowledge and security about a person. I wonder if I'm one of the only people who follows her blog. I don't think I'd want to officially follow it yet. She'd probably think it was creepy. Which I guess it sort of is. Anyways, I assumed she'd respond to me soonish. It's far more likely she wont respond at all. I wrote a poem yesterday, while under the influence of this weird idea that she'd get back to me within 24 hours. A good poem came of it:

The Dawn Paradox

Waiting for her to answer, twenty-four hours in the twilight of fantasy, dancing in the imagined garden of earthly delights. Soon she will refuse me, soon the garden will burn. The petals, like burnt papers drifting down from a third story apartment fire, falling, the earth scorched. I wish desperately to believe in a creator, a God, so I’d have someone to focus my hatred upon. But I can’t find faith in him anymore than she can put faith in me, and we are both lost in the miasma of every societal catch twenty-two. There is no winner. One merely loses less spectacularly than the other players.


Not too shabby. I think I'll have it work shopped in 2 weeks. Anyways, I'm gonna go get dressed. Have to drive Bubbe around. Also, I need to wear my GL shirt to match my GL ring. Pic later today.

No comments: