Monday, December 29, 2008

"I'm a lonely, insignificant speck on a has-been planet orbited by a cold, indifferent sun."

Guess the quote. I betcha wont get it. Answer at the end of the post.

I presently sit somewhere between numb and nonplussed. I watched all of season 3 of Moral Orel with Bubbe today. She enjoyed it more than I anticipated she would. I was moved again by the writing. I think that when I'm with another person I pick up somehow on the grandiose themes of all existence. Whence Moral Orel has brought me close to tears in the past with its beauty, today, sharing this experience with another elevated it somehow. I like movies for this reason, packed theaters, midnight showings. The sense of community and mass emotional swaying. At the finale I choked back tears and gripped this observation of my reaction. The beauty of an intimate moment is not cheapened by exposure. If done correctly, it elevates it to something like an archetype. But, I do not know if anything archetypal resembles Moral Orel in the moments I am thinking of: specifically, the final scene with Joe and nurse Bendy.

I take a lot of pills at night. 100 mg seroquel a day now. Family thinks I'm good. It's really quite hard to say. I have some more eloquence today, some more logic and some more hope. Slumber oft breeds discontent with seemingly dystopian reality.

However, Tuesday brings refreshing sleep, shaving, a shower, taking out the trash, a fresh deli sandwich, a piece of cake with a cold glass of milk, and a visit from my beloved. In that order, in all likelihood. Lets hope for an overall improvement for tomorrow, or at least to retain the status quo.

The quote is from Homer Simpson.

No comments: